You can find keywords research features bundled with almost every SEO tool these days. But there are products that prioritize this feature above all else. And that’s certainly the case for Ubersuggest and KWFinder.
But which one is the better option based on your needs?
Today, let’s take a closer look at both of these keyword research tools and see what advantages one holds over the other. By the end of this blog post, you should have a better idea of which one would serve you best.
Let’s get started.
- What Is Ubersuggest?
- What Is KWFinder?
- How Are Ubersuggest and KWFinder Similar?
- Ubersuggest vs KWFinder: How Are They Different
- What’s Better About Ubersuggest?
- What’s Better About KWFinder?
- Who Should Get Ubersuggest?
- Who Should Get KWFinder?
What Is Ubersuggest?
Ubersuggest is an online SEO tool developed by Neil Patel, a well-known online marketing expert.
This product gained the attention of many SEOs for its user-friendly interface and affordable pricing options. But there’s more to it than that. It also packs features that can help you create an SEO strategy for your business or clients.
Before we dive into Ubersuggest’s link building capabilities, let’s take some time to look at its other features.
- Content Ideas — This feature pulls a list of the most popular posts about the keyword you entered. Entries will include metrics like their estimated visits as well as their social media shares. Using this feature, you can create content that people want to read.
- Domain Overview — When you enter any domain, Ubersuggest will tell you how many organic keywords it ranks for, its monthly organic traffic, its domain score, and the total number of backlinks it received.
- Top Pages — Here you’ll find a list of a domain’s best-performing pages. Ubersuggest will tell you a page’s estimated visits, backlinks, and social media shares.
- Domain Keywords — You’ll want to use this feature to find the keywords that a domain ranks for. This is useful for those of you who’d like to understand your competition better.
- Site Audit — Site Audit informs you of issues that prevent your site from rising in the results pages. Ubersuggest will grade your domain and list down problems that you need to address. If you’re new to SEO, there’s no need to worry. The tool will explain what the issues are and provide solutions so you can fix them yourself.
- Backlinks — This is where you can find domains that link back to your site. You’ll see metrics to help assess which backlinks are worth keeping and which ones you should consider disavowing.
Ubersuggest Keyword Research
Ubersuggest’s Keyword Ideas is where you go if you want to conduct keyword research.
Like any other keyword research tool, you want to start with a seed keyword. This is any word or phrase that best represents your niche. You can select what region you want Ubersuggest to draw its data from using the drop-down menu next to the search bar.
Ubersuggest will present different keyword suggestions. For your convenience, Ubersuggest will automatically sort the results for you. This makes it easier to find the exact keywords you’re looking for.
You have your regular keyword suggestions. But you can also look at related keywords. There’s also a section that isolates keywords that come in the form of questions. You can also find keywords that include prepositions. Finally, you have keywords that compare your keyword with a related product or service.
Why do you need these keyword variations? You can use them to populate certain types of pages. For example, keywords that come in the form of questions are ideal for FAQs. This should help you rank better for voice searches.
Regardless of what keyword category you explore, you’ll see the same metrics. Right beside the keywords, it will have the search volume, cost per click, paid difficulty, and SEO difficulty.
Here’s a brief explainer on what each metric means.
- Keyword Volume — Shows you how many searches the keyword got in a month.
- Cost Per Click — This is the average cost per click the keyword gets on Google Ads. The higher the number, the more valuable it is.
- Paid Difficulty — Tells how many competitors bid on that particular keyword. The higher the number, the more competitive the term is.
- SEO Difficulty — Lets you know how competitive the keyword is organically. The higher the number, the harder it is to rank for that term.
You have the option of turning on filters. This would let you include or exclude words and phrases depending on the parameters you set.
Over on the right, you’ll find a list of pages that rank on the first page of the SERPs for your keyword. This has lots of useful information like what’s their average number of backlinks and domain scores.
Going over each line will tell you the page’s estimated visits, links, domain score, and social shares.
Compared to KWFiner, Ubersuggest is much more affordable though not by much. The Individual plan starts at $12/month. The Business plan is $20/month while the Enterprise/Agency plan is $40/month.
However, what makes Ubersuggest a better long-term play is its Lifetime plans where you only have to pay a one-time fee for whichever plan you want.
That means you only have to pay $120 for the Individual plan, $200 for Business, and $400 for Enterprise/Agency. Ubersuggest will continue to release updates after purchase so there’s hardly any downside.
If you want to check out the tool for free, all you need to do is to sign in using your Google account.
What Is KWFinder?
KWFinder is an SEO tool that comes as part of the Mangools suite of products. Some experts claim that KWFinder is the best keyword research tool in the market.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
First, let’s look at some of KWFinder’s other features.
Your Mangools subscription will include access to these tools.
- SERPChecker — You can use this feature to determine which sites rank for the keyword you enter. Of course, that also means you get to discover who your competitors are and what keywords they’re targeting. You can specify which region you want SERPChecker to pull the results from. That makes this feature great for local SEO.
- SERPWatcher — If you want to know where your pages rank on the SERPs for a given keyword, SERPChecker can help. You can get daily rank updates sent directly to your email. And you can specify the region you want SERPWatcher to extract the data from.
- LinkMiner — This feature grabs all of your competitor’s backlink information and presents them to you. The report contains all the information you need to decide which of these you should pursue for your link building campaign.
- SiteProfiler — If you want to check the SEO authority of a website, all you have to do is enter the domain on SiteProfiler. Doing so will reveal its Domain Authority, Page Authority, Citation Flow, Trust Flow, and other related metrics. This comes in handy when finding new competitors to spy on or when determining which sites you want to exchange links with. It can even help with finding content that pulls in views.
All of these features work together to give you the best chance of performing better in the SERPs.
KWFinder Keyword Research
KWFinder is just as easy to use as Ubersuggest. However, there are differences in data quality.
For example, KWFinder focuses on long-tail keywords. That means you’ll likely end up with a list of keywords that you have higher chances of ranking for.
There are two ways you can conduct your research. You can search for keywords using a seed term. Or you could find keywords by entering a domain.
If you choose to search by keywords, all you need to do is enter your seed term in the search bar. From there, KWFinder will generate a list of suggestions.
This is ideal for users who aren’t sure who their main competitors are just yet.
If you go the domain route, you could enter your competitor’s URL and let KWFinder look for keywords that they rank for.
As with Ubersuggest, KWFinder categorizes the results. You’ll have your list of related keywords, autocomplete, and questions.
You’ll also have metrics that clarify which of these keywords you should focus on. Beside each keyword, you’ll find its corresponding:
- Trend — See how the keyword performed over the course of a year. This way, you can pinpoint when the keyword is most active.
- Monthly Search Volume — Check how often people searched for the keyword in the past month.
- Pay Per Click — See how competitive the keyword is on Google Ads.
- Cost Per Click — This is the average cost per click of the keyword on Google Ads.
- Keyword Difficulty — A score that determines how easy or hard it is to rank the keyword on search engines.
You can filter the results. Specify the minimum and maximum search volume, CPC, keyword difficulty, or PPC numbers. You can also include or exclude specific words from the keyword list. There’s also an option to limit the number of words in the search result.
Clicking on a keyword will reveal additional information. Specifically, you’ll see a SERP overview detailing the top page results on search engines for that term.
Each result will have its own set of metrics that include Domain Authority, Page Authority, Trust Flow, Citation Flow, Backlinks, FB Shares, Link Profile Strength, and Estimated Visits.
Mangools offers three plans: Basic ($49/month), Premium ($69/month), and Agency ($129/month).
However, if you choose the annual billing option, you’ll save up to 40%. That brings down the monthly plan costs to $29.90, $39.90, and $79.90 respectively.
Mangools offer a 10-day free trial for those who are not ready to commit to a paid subscription right away.
How Are Ubersuggest and KWFinder Similar?
Ubersuggest and KWFinder aren’t that different at their core. Let’s look at some of their similarities.
Similarity #1: Both of Them Are Excellent Keyword Research Tools
At the end of the day, all you want is a way to discover new keywords to use on your SEO campaign. The good news is that both Ubersuggest and KWFinder handles that superbly.
Similarity #2: Both of Them Provide Filter Options
Filters make keyword research easier by eliminating entries that you don’t need. And while there are minor differences, both Ubersuggest and KWFinder’s filter options are capable of limiting the results to a manageable size.
Similarity #3: Both Have a Friendly Interface
Anyone new to SEO will not find it difficult to navigate through either Ubersuggest or KWFinder. They have intuitive navigation and a clean interface.
Similarity #4: Both Have Identical Metrics
Keyword research results all show the same metrics: trend, search volume, cost per click, keyword/SEO difficulty, and PPC/paid difficulty.
Ubersuggest vs KWFinder: How Are They Different
Here’s a breakdown of where Ubersuggest and KWFinder set themselves apart from one another.
|Price||Ubersuggest has lower pricing plans and even has a one-time payment option to boot.||KWFinder is slightly more expensive. However, the price difference is less if you pay annually.|
|Data Caps||Ubersuggest’s most affordable plan (Individual) caps keyword suggestions at 20,000.||KWFinder’s cheapest plan (Basic) only gives you 200 keyword suggestions per search.|
|User Access||Ubersuggest does not make it clear how many users can access one account (if at all).||The Basic plan does not allow simultaneous logins. But it goes up to 3 or 10 depending on what higher-tier plan you subscribe to.|
|Competitor Keywords||There is a limit on how many competitor keywords you could research per month. The Individual plan’s cap is 20,000 while the Agency plan’s cap is at 100,000.||The Basic plan caps competitor keyword results at 25 per search. But higher plans don’t have caps.|
Of course, there are other differences — specifically, the other features that come with Ubersuggest and KWFinder. However, we’re only focusing mostly on their keyword research capabilities.
That said, you should definitely put into consideration the other functionalities you’re looking for in an SEO tool. Do you need on-page optimization features? If that’s the case, then you should consider Ubersuggest.
Do you need to see Moz or Majestic rankings when you spy on your competitor’s pages? Then choose Mangools.
It would all depend on what you need.
What’s Better About Ubersuggest?
Here are what we believe to be the strengths of Ubersuggest.
Ubersuggest Is a Better Long-Term Investment
The one-time payment option is hard to beat. If you’re the sort who hates paying monthly fees, then Ubersuggest is your way forward.
Considering how much SEO tools cost these days, Ubersuggest’s lifetime offer is a definite steal that you should take full advantage of.
Ubersuggest Is Ideal for Content Creators
Ubersuggest is a great option for freelance writers. Not only can you optimize your pages for specific keywords, but the content-related features also help you publish posts that people are actively looking for.
Ubersuggest Is Great for Single-Site Owners
You don’t want to overpay for features you don’t need. If you’re only handling a small site, then you won’t need high data caps. Ubersuggest’s limits should still get you to where you need to be but at a lower cost.
What’s Better About KWFinder?
Here’s what you could expect when you subscribe to KWFinder.
KWFinder Has a Browser Extension
If you like the idea of using KWFinder features straight from your browser, you’d be happy to know that Mangools has your back.
The extension only makes the process of researching competitors that more efficient.
KWFinder Has Unlimited Competitor Keyword Research
Subscribers of both Premium and Agency plans can perform an unlimited number of keyword research on their competitors. This is a big deal especially for those of you who work in industries that are highly competitive.
KWFinder Has Higher Rank Tracking Caps
If you plan on tracking a lot of keywords, then you might want to consider KWFinder. It has higher caps on how many keywords you can track.
Ubersuggest can only track 150 keywords per project under its Business plan. Mangools, on the other hand, can handle 700 keywords under its mid-tier offering.
Who Should Get Ubersuggest?
Ubersuggest will suit anyone who’s working with a smaller budget and has no need for high data caps in their plans. So it’s perfect for freelancers or one-man SEO agencies.
These people will benefit most from Ubersuggest’s friendly pricing plans.
But those who frequently write content might like Ubersuggest’s content-centric features. They do give fresh content ideas based on trending posts surrounding your target keywords. This means you won’t run out of topics to write about.
Who Should Get KWFinder?
KWFinder is more feature-rich than Ubersuggest. So if you’re a growing company or agency, KWFinder might be a better fit.
And because its higher plans support simultaneous logins, it’s also a better option for those of you who work in collaborative environments. If you’re working with a team, give KWFinder a shot.
If you subscribe to the annual plans, you’ll find that the price discrepancy isn’t as high. So you might as well spend the extra dollars to get access to more features.